Wise County Victim/Witness Program
The Wise County/City of Norton Victim/Witness Assistance Program is located on the 3rd floor, room 344, of the Wise County Courthouse and is open from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Our Victim/Witness Assistance Program received a grant to begin the program in August 1997 and has been operated since then by Program Director Vicki Wiandt. Ms. Wiandt holds a B.S. and a M.S. in Criminal Justice and brings over twenty years of experience in the criminal justice system to this program.
The Victim/Witness Services Program provides the following services to victims:
- Courtroom assistance and support
- Victim notification of court dates
- Consultation with victims
- Assistance with victim impact statements
- Financial assistance through the Virginia Criminal Victims Injury Compensation Fund
- Referrals to counseling services, social services, and other state and private victim assistance agencies
You may contact the Victim/Witness Assistance Program at 276-328-4421 or 328-4481 for more information or assistance. Ms. Wiandt may also be reached after business hours by contacting the Wise County Sheriff's Office Central Dispatch.