Wise County Victim/Witness Program
The Wise County/City of Norton Victim/Witness Assistance Program is located on the 3rd floor, room 344, of the Wise County Courthouse and is open from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Our Victim/Witness Assistance Program received a grant to begin the program in August 1997 and has been operated since then by Program Director Vicki Wiandt. Ms. Wiandt holds a B.S. and a M.S. in Criminal Justice and brings over twenty years of experience in the criminal justice system to this program. She is assisted by Barbara Elkins, who joined the program in 2002 after retiring from the Wise County Sheriff's Office.
The Victim/Witness Services Program provides the following services to victims:
- Courtroom assistance and support
- Victim notification of court dates
- Consultation with victims
- Assistance with victim impact statements
- Financial assistance through the Virginia Criminal Victims Injury Compensation Fund
- Referrals to counseling services, social services, and other state and private victim assistance agencies
You may contact the Victim/Witness Assistance Program at 276-328-4421 or 328-4481 for more information or assistance. Ms. Wiandt may also be reached after business hours by contacting the Wise County Sheriff's Office Central Dispatch.